Fr. Richard Hoare –
- Fr. Richard Hoare is a second child of parents born and raised in Ireland.
- He received his education and Sacraments at St. Teresa of Avila in Brooklyn. He attended Most Holy Trinity H. S. In Williamsburg. He graduated from Manhattan Collage in the Bronx with a Bachelor of Arts in English.
- He had felt a call to the priesthood in his youth. Now he was ready to see if he could be a priest. He met the challenges of study becoming an acolyte, lector, deacon.
- He worked in the summer programs at St. Teresa of Avila. He was ordained May 31, 1969. He was assigned to St. Savior in Park Slope, Brooklyn for eight years enjoying working together with the other priests in the parish school and programs for adults. He worked together with some women creating a play with teenagers from the local high schools. After the play he had a car accident spending five weeks in the hospital.
- He was assigned to St. Gregory the Great in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn. He them went to Queens of All Saints in Brooklyn. He working in a team Ministry for a year. He spent another year at St. Andrew Avellino in Flushing. At that point he had to deal with personal issues which prevent him from be effective with the support of Bishop Mugaveno. He took a leave of absent for eighteen months. He returned to Ministry at St. Lawnence, East New York, Where he worked for seven years.
- He then went to Our Lady of Mt. Cament, Long Island City for six years. He spent a year at St. Mary’s in woodside. He them went to St. Teresa of Avila, South Ozone park for a year where he became pastor for fifteen years.
- When the parish was merged with St. Anthony of Padua, he moved to Blessed Sacrament where he continue to work in retirement.
May God Bless you Always
Father Richard Hoare – Retired Priest In Residence
Blessed Sacrament Church, Queens